Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rio de Janeiro...my new FAVORITE place in the world!

My South America trip began in the BEAUTIFUL city of Rio de Janeiro. Situated on the southern coast of Brazil, I found the city to be simply breathtaking. From mountains that LITERALLY sit in the middle of the city, to unbelievable beaches, to THE MOST beautiful and friendly people I have EVER met, this city has it ALL!

I've wanted to visit Brazil and Rio de Janeiro, in particular, for several years, and FINALLY the opportunity presented itself this past February. In planning this trip, once I settled on my itinerary (which was QUITE the task) my first order of business was deciding on a place to stay. Considering I would be visiting during Carnaval, I knew that I wanted to be someplace close to the beach. So, the real decision for me was choosing between Copacabana and Ipanema. FORTUNATELY, I was able to find a WONDERFUL apartment, PERFECTLY situated in Arpoador, located directly between Copacabana and Ipanema.


During Carnaval, hotels in Rio de Janeiro can be EXTREMELY expensive, and this is why I opted to go with an apartment rental. Ultimately, I feel that this option worked to my advantage, because I found a GREAT DEAL on the PERFECT apartment for me. My landlord was EXCELLENT, and I found the apartment to be exactly as was advertised. Here are some pics:
Living Room

Kitchen

Outside Entrance


Bedroom
 Some websites that I found to be TREMENDOUSLY helpful in planning this trip were:

1. www.airbnb.com - This is an EXCELLENT site for finding private rentals. I have been using this site for more nearly 10-yrs, and I have NEVER had a bad experience.

2. www.ipanema.com - This site has LOADS of information on Rio that I found to be INVALUABLE!

3. www.riocarnival.net - I purchased my Carnival Tickets through this website. It contains LOADS of information on Rio, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment