Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pao de Acucar...a MUST SEE EXPERIENCE!

Rio de Janeiro possesses some of THE most beautiful natural features in the WORLD! From AMAZING beaches to breathtaking mountain views, it TRULY is a natural wonderland! After spending several days in the city enjoying Carnaval, time began to slip away from me, and I had to get around to seeing some of the top tourist sites (Pao du Acucar, Corcavado, Jardim Botanical, etc.).

The first place I visited was Pao de Acucar (or Sugarloaf). Two hump shaped mountain features connected via a cable car comprise this tourist site, and the views afforded of the city from atop these hilltops is AMAZING! There is an ongoing debate as to which view - that from Pao de Acucar or Corcavado - is better. In my opinion, both should be experienced; however, I'm a Sugarloaf fan! I visited in the afternoon and timed things perfectly, because I was able to reach the taller of the two hilltops just before sunset...JUST AMAZING! See for yourself...



















No comments:

Post a Comment