Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Buenos Aires...sprawling metropolis and AMAZING steak!

Upon arriving in Buenos Aires, my first impression was, "WOW! This city is HUGE!" And, it is! It seems to go on and on...FOREVER! For my 6-days visit, I stayed in another apartment I found on www.airbnb.com. After doing lots of research, I decided to stay in the area known as Hollywood Palermo. I found the area to be pretty well, centrally located with lots of shops and things to do. However, I must admit that after my week in Rio, all I wanted to do was relax, and interestingly, my choice in location was PERFECT for doing this. My apartment was an EXCELLENT, one-bedroom place located on one of the upper floors of a high rise. From my balcony, I had a BEAUTIFUL view of some of the city.

The lobby to my apartment complex.

Dining Area in my apartment

Dining and Living Area in my apartment

Living and Dining Area in my apartment

My FAVORITE part of this apartment...the balcony!

Bathroom

Bedroom

Another view of the Bedroom...SOOO COOL!

Entertainment Center

My list of "Must See and Do" things was pretty short for Buenos Aires. Ultimately, I wanted to sample, what I heard, was the best beef in the world, and I wanted to see a tango. Regarding Argentinean beef, I am DEFINITELY a fan! I ate at at least five different restaurants, and ALL of them had AMAZING steaks! This was my first meal:

Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Root Vegetables...MMMMMM



...and this was the aftermath...



On my second night in Buenos Aires, I decided to check out a place that came HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine, Cabana Las Lilas. My friend is Argentinean, and his recommendation was PERFECT! This place was EXCELLENT!



Steak, Seafood appetizer, Bread, and Sangria...MMMMMMM!


Another restaurant that came HIGHLY recommended was La Cabrera, and again, the place did NOT disappoint...


 I explained to my server that I have a preference for sweet wines. However, the wine that he selected for me was not, necessarily, to my liking. He took notice of this and was EXTREMELY apologetic....so much so, that he gave me a free bottle of wine to take home with me. So, the next morning, I made some eggs to go with my leftover steak, and enjoyed it all with a WONDERFUL bottle of wine. I was REALLY enjoying my time in Buenos Aires....


No comments:

Post a Comment